Application Requirements of Mevlana Exchange Programme
The requirements for being a Mevlana Exchange Programme Student are;
- to be studying at associate degree, bachelor degree, master degree or phd degree of higher education programmes,
- Grade point average (GPA) of associate degree and undergraduate students must be at least 2,5 on a four point scale,
- Grade point average (GPA) of graduate students (MA, PhD) must be at least 3.00 on a four point scale,
- 50% language score + 50% GPA,
- The students studying in their first year at associate or bachelor degree and the students of preparation classes and scientific preparation programmes of graduate degrees can not participate in this programme at their first semester.
Scholarships During the Mevlana Exchange Programme
Terms and conditions for students:
Mevlana Exchange Programme students continue to take their other scholarships and grants in their home countries and they have to do registration in their home institutions.They pay tuition fee to their home institution if they are supposed to and they do not pay any other tuition fee to the host institution. He scholarship amount to be paid to the Mevlana Exchange students differs according to the life standards of the country of the host institution. Within the context of Mevlana Exchange Programme, the programme students can be paid up to three times of the amount that is monthly paid to bachelor degree students according to the Law no.5102 on Granting Scholarship and Loan to the Higher Education Students and in the ratios determined by Council of Higher Education Executive Board.
Incoming students from other countries to Turkish higher education institutions are granted according to the ratios determined by Council of Higher Education Executive Board. In terms of the scholarships that will be paid to the students, 70% of the scholarship amount is paid monthly. For the student's remaining grant payment, the ratio of total credits of the succeeded courses to the courses that the student is obliged to take as obligatory courses will be considered. In the event that the resources allocated for the higher education institution to exchange of Mevlana Exchange Programme student is insufficient, students may utilize their own personal means or special scholarships may be granted provided that it is in accordance with other terms of the programme.